1. Think big. Ok good. Then, think even bigger.
2. Spend your days laser focused on your product, and your nights focused on building your network. Do that everyday and you’ll end up with a product people love and people that love you.
3. Anything you want to do is possible. It’s just a combo of focus, authenticity and relationships.
4. Faking it ‘til you make it is risky business.
5. Hire the people with the best attitudes (+ quick learners), not the best resumes. Hiring people with all the best resumes will cost you too much $ and sometimes results in too many people with egos.
6. When it’s an end of an era (good or bad), have some champagne.
7. Never burn bridges even when it’s tempting. Just smile even when you don’t feel like it.
8. Answering email is not the same thing as working.
9. The best feeling is drinking your own kool-aid then realizing it’s the real deal.
10. Never meet with a competitor that’s smaller than you. Meet with incumbents because they can buy you.
Written by Greg Isenberg, founder of 5by